By David Krasner
A background of contemporary Drama: Volume II explores a awesome breadth of issues and analytical techniques to the dramatic works, authors, and transitional occasions and events that formed international drama from 1960 via to the sunrise of the recent millennium.
- Features precise analyses of performs and playwrights, studying the impact of a variety of writers, from mainstream icons equivalent to Harold Pinter and Edward Albee, to extra unorthodox works by means of Peter Weiss and Sarah Kane
- Provides international assurance of either English and non-English dramas – together with works from Africa and Asia to the center East
- Considers the effect of paintings, song, literature, structure, society, politics, tradition, and philosophy at the formation of postmodern dramatic literature
- Combines wide-ranging subject matters with unique theories, foreign standpoint, and philosophical and cultural context
Completes a complete two-part paintings analyzing glossy global drama, and along A historical past of contemporary Drama: Volume I, bargains readers entire assurance of an entire century within the evolution of worldwide dramatic literature.
Read Online or Download A History of Modern Drama, Volume II: 1960 - 2000 PDF
Best literary criticism & theory_1 books
This quantity of commemorative and celebratory essays, first released in 1974, concentrates on William Empson – the critic, the poet and buddy. The papers variety from the biographical to the educational, yet what each one indicates is the impossibility of setting apart the fellow from his paintings and the ‘life’ from the ‘thought’.
This booklet is the 1st ever assortment approximately twenty-first century style fiction. It deals available but rigorous severe interventions in a growing to be box of pop culture and educational learn, offering new genres as a desirable and robust technique of interpreting modern tradition. the gathering explores the historical past and makes use of of style thus far, analyses key examples of ideas and advancements within the box and displays on how those texts were mobilised in educating because the yr 2000.
An exploration of the wild spirits that when roamed the lands and inhabited the waters and the pagan rites used to realize their strong will • Explores medieval tales and folks traditions of cakes, fairies, giants, dragons, will-o’-the-wisps, and demons • Explains the explicit rites played to barter with the neighborhood spirits and confirm their permission sooner than development on new land • exhibits how those ideals carried via to fashionable occasions, particularly in structure Our pagan ancestors knew that each woodland has muffins and fairies, each spring its woman, and each river malevolent beings in its depths.
This e-book includes 13 unique essays approximately Puritan tradition in colonial New England. caused via the becoming curiosity in secular stories, in addition to postnational, transnational, and postcolonial critique within the humanities, American Literature and the recent Puritan stories seeks to symbolize and improve modern curiosity in a box lengthy well-known, notwithstanding problematically, as foundational to the examine of yank literature.
- Christa Wolf: A Companion (Companions to Contemporary German Culture)
- Sinophone Malaysian Literature: Not Made in China - Student Edition
- The Groove of the Poem: Reading Philippe Beck (Univocal)
- Routledge Revivals: Shakespeare and Feminist Criticism (1991): An Annotated Bibliography and Commentary
- Women Writing the Home Tour, 1682–1812
Extra resources for A History of Modern Drama, Volume II: 1960 - 2000